Once again the Mashburn family is making a trek across this country and even into another country. This year will not be as fast paced as in the past. This year will have plenty of things to see and do, but also time to relax and rest.
As always, we are taking a train. Here is the basic schedule…
- July 2nd – Drive from Amarillo to Fort Worth and spend the night with our friend Caroline
- July 3rd – Depart Fort Worth on Amtrak’s Texas Eagle
- July 4th – Arrive in Chicago and switch trains to Amtrak’s Wolverine. We will arrive late into Dearborn, Michigan
- July 5-6 – We will be in Dearborn/Detroit area
- July 7 – Travel to Toronto
- July 8 – Travel to Niagara Falls for the day
- July 9 – Explore a little of Toronto
- July 10 – Return to Detroit area
- July 11-12 – We will be in Dearborn/Detroit area (again)
- July 13 – Early morning we will board the Wolverine back to Chicago, change trains to Amtrak’s Texas Eagle
- July 14 – Arrive back in Fort Worth and spend the night again with our friend Caroline
- July 15 – Drive back to Amarillo
It is a bit longer than most of our trips, but that will be nice.
We would like to again thank our friend James for house sitting for us, the Moore family for taking care of Baxter, and those who will be checking in on Vicky’s dad.
We hope you enjoy following along with us.
If you want to receive e-mail alerts when there is a new post, signup for them below.