Our yearly family vacation is upon us again. This year, it is a little bigger (i.e. more expensive) than normal since this is Stephen’s last trip ever with us! Okay, maybe not his last trip, but he did just graduate high school so this is his senior trip. So we are Hawaii bound!
As is normal for us, we will be taking the train. Yes, we are taking the train to Hawaii. At least for part of the trip, anyway. An airplane will also be somewhat involved in the trip as well. Here is our schedule…
- Monday, July 4th – Drive from Amarillo to Lamy, New Mexico and board Amtrak’s train #3, the Southwest Chief
- Tuesday, July 5th – Arrive at Los Angeles Union Station and change trains to Amtrak’s Surfliner train. Arrive by train into San Diego where we will spend the night
- Wednesday, July 6th – Board our Hawaiian Airlines flight from San Diego to Honolulu and arrive in Hawaii
- Thursday, July 7th through Sunday, July 10th – Explore the island of Oahu
- Monday, July 11th – Fly back to San Diego and spend the night
- Tuesday, July 12th – Board Amtrak’s Surfliner back to Los Angeles where we will change trains to the #4 Southwest Chief
- Wednesday, July 13th – Arrive back into Lamy and drive back to Amarillo
This could be our “once-in-a-lifetime” trip to Hawaii. Who knows if we will ever get to go back so we plan on really taking it in. Would like to thank our friend James for once again house sitting for us, the Moore family for caring for sweet Baxter and all those checking in on and serving Vicky’s dad.
We hope you enjoy following along with us. If you want to receive e-mail alerts when there is a new post, signup for them below.