A quick update, I will write more later if we have time before boarding.
We were on our way down from the Sears Tower when I got a message from Amtrak that our train from Chicago to Lamy was canceled and there would not be any alternate transportation available. I was stunned! My heart sank and I was quite upset.
We returned immediately to the station and they told us to hold tight, that the trains status was still up in the air. As of now, the train is still going to run but on an alternate route, putting us very late into Lamy. Fine with me!!! More time on the train!
Praise God he has taken care of this. More to come.