It is that time again for the Mashburns to head out on an adventure. We have been through Los Angeles many times over the years and even stayed there one night. This year it is time ffor us to really stay and explore.
Here is the itinerary…
- Tuesday, June 23rd – Drive from Amarillo to Fort Worth. We will get to stay with a good friend who lives there.
- Wednesday, June 24th – Board Amtrak’s Texas Eagle #21 to San Antonio.
- Thursday, June 25th – During the early morning, Amtrak will switch our sleeper car from the Texas Eagle to the Sunset Limited #1. So go to sleep on one train and wake up on another!
- Friday, June 26th – Arrive at Los Angeles Union Station
- Friday, June 26th through Wednesday, July 1st – Explore the Los Angeles area
- Wednesday, July 1st – Board Amtrak’s Sunset Limited #2 back to San Antonio
- Friday, July 3rd – Amtrak switches our car from the Sunset Limited to the Texas Eagle #22, we are scheduled to arive back into Fort Worth in the afternoon where we will drive back to Amarillo.
This is a Amtrak route that none of us has ever been on so we are looking forward to it.
As usual, I will attempt to make at least daily posts on this blog during our trip. If you would like to receive an email when there is a new post, use the subscribe form in the right hand column of this page.
As has become the tradition, I would like to thank our friend James for house sitting for us and the Moore family for watching little Baxter.
I hope you enjoy sharing this trip with us.